Template defines the fields of each label, their design and paper type.
There is always an active selected template. Switching between templates changes in real-time the labels on the board. The user can select from the available templates and use the Actions menu to perform different actions on the selected template:
- New – creates a new template:
- Click on “New” to lunch the new template menu.
- Enter template name and click “OK” to continue.
- “Edit template:” menu will be opened on the left navigation bar (Same menu that opens when pressing the “Actions > Edit” button).
- Please note – There is no technical limitation for the number of templates but having more than 25 templates might cause performance issues. It is recommended to delete unused templates.
- Duplicate – duplicates the current template.
- Clicking “duplicate” will open the following window:
- Enter a name for the duplicate template and press OK.
- The Edit Template menu will appear with all the templates’ settings.
- When done press the X button on the left navigation bar. Than press the Actions > Save button to save your duplicate Template.
- Edit – edit the current template attributes:
- Please note that only the updated version of the template is kept and there is no way to revert after “Save”. It is possible and, in some cases, recommended to duplicate the template, make the changes and verify the results.
- Choose paper size and layout from the “Choose paper” list – it will set the board layout for the selected template. Paper types can be managed (create, edit, delete) in the administration area.
- Choose label layout – there are 2 type of layout:
- Built in ready to use – Includes 6 different options to choose from. All options display the fields in one single column. See the screenshot example.
- Custom – label layout created in the admin area. Each layout can include multiple columns and lines with variant sizes. More details on label layout in “Administration” chapter.
- Click “ADD FIELD” to add additional fields to the template. This action will immediately affect all the labels on the board. Each button press adds one title field (that can later be changed to any other field type.
- It is possible to change the order of the fields by dragging them before or after additional field.
- The menu for each field enables to edit, duplicate and delete the field. See chapter 2.6 for Field editing.
- Rename – renames the current template
- Clicking “Rename” will open the following window.
- Enter a new name for the template and press OK.
- Save – saves the changes made to the current template & and saves new templates.
Please note that changes are not automatically saved.
- Click the save button every time a new template is created and when changes are made to an existing template. A message will appear notifying that updates were saved.
- Export – Export the selected template configuration into a LIBstick file which is saved locally.
The file is in JSON format. The LIBstick file can be shared between users in different LIBstick accounts.
- Import – Import the LIBstick file to create the template.
Make sure that corresponding resources used in the template are available. For example: Label layout, page, font, images.
- Delete – permanently deletes the current template.
- Clicking Delete will prompt the following dialog box.
- After successful deletion (based on role), the following message will be displayed.
- Info – displays the templates’ creation and updates log.
- Clicking Info will open the following window: