LIBstick call number formats
In LIBstick each part of the call number (after split) is displayed in a dedicated field.
There are 2 parsing options to split the call number.
For fields of type “Alma” with “call_number” selected as source there is another menu: “Format”.
The “Format” menu includes a list of predefined formats from which it is possible to select the call number format.
The formats are configured behind the scenes by the LIBstick team. If you encounter a missing format, please send 3 examples and if the request is generic and can server other users it will be added.
The name of the formats is based on numbers. It is easier to watch the preview and select the required format than to read a description. The last number of the name indicates the maximum number of lines for that format. For example “Format 10-5”.
Steps for implemntation:
- Create new template or use and exiting one with “call number” field.
- Scan several barcodes of books with the required call number format so the labels will be displayed on the board.
- From the “Actions” menu select “Edit”.
- Click the “Edit” icon on the “call_number” field.
- Select different formats from the “Choose Format” menu.
- The labels on the board will be updated automatically and displayed according to the selected format.
- Keep the format that is aligned with your needs.
- Select the required vertical alignment from the “Call number alignment” menu.
- From the “Actions” menu select “Save” to save this template configuration.
- Pros – for using the call number formats
- Different call number format for each template
- Improved alignment
- The label layout will be much simpler because there is no need to create a place holder for each call number field
- Cons – for using the call number formats
- Not all formats are supported