LIBstick features preprepared “Call number format” variations allowing multiple call number presentment over the label.
To take advantage of this functionality, the following selections shall be made:
Fields type = “Alma” (OR “FOLIO”) AND Source = “call_number” ==> Choose Format dropdown menu will turn available.
The last digit of the format name indicates the maximum number of lines for that format. I.e.”Format 10-5″ will use up to 5 lines.
Steps for implementation:
- Create new template or use an exiting one with “call number” field.
- Scan several barcodes of books to displayed labels on the board.
- From the “Actions” menu select “Edit”.
- Click the “Edit” icon on the “call_number” field.
- Select different formats from the “Choose Format” dropdown.
- Note that the labels on the board are automatically updated according to the selected format.
- Select the format that is aligned with your needs.
- Select the required vertical alignment from the “Call number alignment” menu.
- From the “Actions” menu select “Save” to save this template configuration.
- Pros – for using the call number formats
- Different call number format for each template
- Improved alignment
- The label layout will be much simpler because there is no need to create a place holder for each call number field
- Cons – for using the call number formats
- Not all formats are supported. However, all formats were implemented by the LIBstick team. Therefore, if you encounter a missing format, please send 3 examples (barcodes as well as corresponding sketches of the expected format) and if the request is generic and can serve other users it will be added.